Sr. Strategic Sourcing Specialist Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
5985 Explorer Drive
Mississauga, ON L4W5K6, Canada
Company: FedEx Express Canada
Job Title: Sr. Strategic Sourcing Specialist
Job Requisition Number: RC277695
Job Family: FXE-CAN: Sourcing & Procurement Specialist - CP
Time Type: Full Time
Worker Sub-Type: Regular
5985 Explorer Drive
Mississauga, Ontario L4W5K6
FedEx is looking for a Senior Strategic Sourcing Specialist who can analyze, create and implement effective and efficient sourcing of products and services through building relationships with suppliers, negotiating cost and developing agreements that bring about significant cost savings while meeting compliance mandates. You will also monitor and manage internal processes to ensure the corporate requirements of quality, reliability and responsiveness are met or exceeded.
FedEx is looking for a Sr. Strategic Sourcing Specialist who can analyze, create and implement effective and efficient sourcing of products and services through building relationships with suppliers, negotiating cost and developing agreements that bring about significant cost savings while meeting compliance mandates. You will also monitor and manage internal processes to ensure the corporate requirements of quality, reliability and responsiveness are met or exceeded.
We want to hear from you if you have:
- A bachelor's degree or equivalent.
- Extensive experience in Supply Chain, Contract Management, Business, Finance or Engineering.
- Minimum 5 years of related experience in complex Supply Chain processes and high spend management.
- Experience across multiple spend categories preferred.
- Experience and understanding of Supply Chain related Finance and Accounting processes and procedures.
- Accreditation in SCMP (Supply Chain Management Professional) would be an asset.
Some awesome perks to working at FedEx:
- A competitive salary and incentives.
- A progressive benefits programs, including health and dental coverage and pension plan.
- A Career Investment Fund with up to $5k a year for programs or tuition reimbursement.
- A strong Community Service programs including diverse volunteer, charity, and fundraising initiatives to give back to both local and global communities.
- Discounted FedEx services, flights, hotels, entertainment and car rentals.
- A fun and diverse team who voted FedEx a best employer and a great place to work (we aren’t just saying that, it’s actually true)
We don’t expect you to deliver any helicopters or pandas – but if you can deliver on this exciting job opportunity, please attach your updated resume when applying. We thank all applicants and we will contact you directly – by email, not by FedEx – if selected for an interview.
This job description is general in nature and is not designed to contain or to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job. The incumbent of this position is expected to perform all other duties as assigned, must be able to complete and achieve minimum thresholds on any mandatory testing and training, must be able to operate in an PC windows environment, have the ability to successfully complete all recurrence training and maintain annual accreditations where applicable and work varying shifts based on business needs. If the incumbent resides in the province of Quebec, you must be bilingual (French and English). In addition to the usual factors used in the selection process, all candidates for positions that require driving as a core competency require a valid driver's license (e.g. Class 5,G, or 1[AZ]) and a driving record with two or fewer violations and/or accidents in the 24 months prior to the date of application. Further, candidates will be assessed through careful consideration of: 1) their current driver's abstract; 2) their performance during application interviews; and 3) their performance on any driver competency assessments administered