Sales Manager Commercial Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
2330 N Highway 67
Florissant, MO 63033-2034, US
Company: FedEx Office
Job Title: Sales Manager Commercial
Job Requisition Number: RC333085
2330 N Highway 67
Florissant, Missouri 63033-2034
Type: Full Time
Work Shift: FXO_Any
The Sales Manager, Commercial is responsible for successfully executing the sales strategy and delivering both revenue and profit plans. This position's mission is to deliver a high return on investment, and firmly entrench FedEx Office (FXO) as the supplier of choice, by leading and developing their sales team through market penetration and plan delivery. Following the FXO sales process, this position will identify, acquire, activate and grow FedEx Office customers through the team they manage. This includes existing and prospective customers at both the local and national levels. Note: Applicants should reside in the St. Louis, MO area. Proven track record of successfully managing a team of high performing Sales Professionals responsible for selling complex/strategic sales solutions at the Regional/National and/or Enterprise level required. Salesforce/Salesforce Lightening experience preferred.
GENERAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
(This is a representative list of the general duties the position may be asked to perform, and is not intended to be all-inclusive)
- Accountable for meeting and exceeding combined revenue and profit plans of direct reports
- Lead and develop a team of highly skilled sales professionals (individual contributors) that sell and manage high-impact relationships in markets throughout the United States by training, developing, and coaching them on a consistent basis
- Responsible for a leading the sales team to identify, acquire, activate and grow commercial customers while increasing sales within existing customers
- Lead the sales team in developing customer driven tactics and strategies for accounts in market
- Lead the sales team to protect existing multi-million-dollar revenue streams by proactively ensuring all contracts/ agreements are renewed prior to expiration
- Develop and reinforce the sales strategy by providing sales team members with ongoing training, direction and support
- Responsible for the selection and development of their market’s Regional Account Managers
- Accountable for managerial duties including coaching and counseling; efforts will ensure efficiency, productivity and morale are properly maintained
- Actively manages the quality of their direct reports, select and retains top talent, uses effective coaching techniques and the Performance Management process to ensure TMs exhibit competencies expected by FXO and its customers/partners
- Ensure the team of Regional Account Managers build and maintain a robust and accurate pipeline of business at established standards inside of the FXO customer relationship management (CRM) tool
- Ensure the team of Regional Account Managers maintain accurate customer relationship management (CRM) system data, including daily activities and account update
- Demonstrate and use deep financial and operational knowledge of FXO’s business model to craft compelling descriptions of FXO’s value proposition versus that of the competition
- Responsible for building effective partnerships within sales and cross functionally
- Collaborate cross functionally (across Sales, Operations, Product, Marketing, Pricing etc.) in order to optimize business performance and sales effectiveness
- Act in concert with FedEx Office values and encourage team members to do so as well
- Maximize the FedEx value delivered to each and every customer by working cross functionally within FXO, Services and the other FedEx Operating companies
- All other duties as needed or required
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s degree, and/or advanced degree, in business or related field or equivalent experience
- 7+ years outside sales experience, selling business to business products or services, preferred
- 5+ years’ experience managing sales, and supervisor level team members, preferred
- Excellent time management skills to include prioritization of tasks, communication, execution to meet established deadlines
- Must be able to demonstrate strong negotiation skills
- Experience building and working with cross functional partners (HR, Talent Management, Finance, Technology)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office tools, including Word, PowerPoint, Outlook and Excel
- For new hires, must meet all FedEx Office employment qualifications in force at time of hiring
- For current FedEx Office team members, must meet hiring criteria for the position and transfer requirements as outlined in the Team Member Handbook
- Ability to travel as required in order to meet with customers, vendors, other team members, and/or other business necessities
- Ability, on a consistent basis, to maintain attention and concentration for extended periods of time
- Ability, on a consistent basis, to read and interpret documents and instructions from customers, vendors, and other team members
- Ability, on a consistent basis, to communicate effectively with customers, vendors, and other team members
- Ability, on a consistent basis, to perform work activities requiring cooperation and instruction
- Ability, on a consistent basis, to function in a fast-paced environment, under substantial pressure
- Ability, on a consistent basis, to work within the appropriate level of independence
- Ability, on a consistent basis, to report regularly to work and maintain established business hours in order to support the FedEx Office business; regular attendance and/or reporting could include regular attendance at a physical location and/or maintaining established business hours depending on the scope and nature of the position
Quality Driven Management strives to deliver market-leading customer experience, business excellence, and financial return through a Quality-oriented culture and day-to-day application of Quality science.
- Suggests areas for improvement in internal processes along with possible solutions.
- Works with management to reduce company costs/wastes, and to optimize profitability in areas of responsibility.
- Applies Quality concepts presented at training during daily activities.
- Supports FedEx Office Quality initiatives.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. All offers of employment made by FedEx Office are contingent upon the successful completion of a background investigation and a pre-employment drug screen (which must be completed within 2 business days of any conditional offer of employment). The existence of a criminal record is not an automatic or absolute bar to employment and a candidate’s criminal record will be considered individually based on factors such as the relationship between the job sought and the criminal offense, the timing of the offense, the nature of the offense, and any other relevant information. FedEx Office will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance. America’s Military Veterans and individuals with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply. If you have a disability and you need assistance in order to apply for a position with FedEx Office, please email us at HR.Recruiting@FedEx.com.