Analyst-Workers Comp Claims Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
2200 Forward Drive
Harrison, AR 72602, US
Job ID: 444389BR
Address Line 1: 2200 Forward Drive
Zip Code: 72602-0840
Position Status: Full-Time
Work Hours: 0800 - 1700
Pursuant to applicable laws, responsible for the administration of non-litigated workers’ compensation claims and related statutorily derivative liability claims of minimal value. Evaluate the exposure and decide the appropriate course of action to best protect the company from undue loss and to mitigate associated costs. Provide guidance to third party administrators, internal customers and coworkers; and support management.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITES:
1. Manage and control administration of workers’ compensation claims of minor complexity presented against the company and subrogation/recovery claims against responsible third parties in assigned jurisdictions.
2. Investigate, identify and evaluate coverage, liability, compensability, and damages; establish proper financial reserves on assigned claims, reporting to management and identify and evaluate subrogation and recovery rights and sources, pursuing recovery as appropriate.
3. Negotiate and resolve assigned workers’ compensation claims consistent with applicable law, liability and corporate policy with settlement authority up to $50,000 or as otherwise authorized by management.
4. Work with vendors on assigned claims, and conduct claim reviews to measure vendor performance.
5. Report to excess insurance carriers as necessary on assigned claims in order to meet contractual reporting obligations under our insurance policies.
6. Provide guidance and support to FedEx Freight managers, employees, third party administrators, and other internal and external customers with respect to workers compensation laws, regulations, policies, procedures, injury reporting, claims handling, and data integrity as assigned.
7. Review, investigate, summarize and respond to inquiries and complaints received by leadership.
8. Comply with all applicable laws/regulations, as well as company policies/procedures.
9. Perform other duties as required.
Disclaimer: This job description is general in nature and is not designed to contain or to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
• One (1) year of workers’ compensation claims experience of minimal exposure and complexity on a regional or national level including responsibility for reserving and payment accuracy, preferred
• Subrogation/recovery experience, preferred
• Knowledge of workers’ compensation, contract, tort, damages, agency, subrogation, contribution/indemnity and other applicable/related law, as well as related terminology, concepts and practices, preferred
• Professional designation in claims and/or insurance, preferred
• Good communication skills with the ability to communicate clearly, professionally and empathetically
• Good organizational and time management skills with the ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines and effectively manage changing priorities
• Knowledge of medical terminology and procedures with successful completion of medical terminology course(s) preferred
• Good analytical, problem solving and negotiation skills
• Experience and ability to use Microsoft Office Software, including but not limited to; Word, Excel, and Outlook
• Must be able to travel
Division Category: All, General, Legal/Regulatory
Company Name: FedEx Freight Inc.